As at 14th Feb 35 members have confirmed their interest in the ride.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Those going need to act by going to the registration page and providing Passport information for the ferry company
Continue Reading →
DUMFRIES HOLIDAY Sunday 25th June to Sunday 2nd Jul
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If your holiday diary is not full why not join the group of 10 who have already booked for a interesting week’s cycling round the Dumfries area of the Scottish Borders. We have a selection of rides to Gretna, Anna, Castle Douglas & Forest of Ae. We are,also hoping to take a train to Kirkconnel 180 metres above sea level for a down hill cycle to return to Dumfries almost at sea level.
At the hotel there is a swimming pool and gym free to guests.
Any queries please talk to Mike and Rosemary Wakefield, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- DATE; Sunday 25th June to Sunday 2rd July
- HOTEL: Cairndale Hotel and Leisure Club Dumfries
- TARIFF: Twin/Double £455; Triple £420 Single £595 This for 7 nights per person to include Full Scottish Breakfast and 4 Course Table d’Hote Dinner.
- LEISURE FACILITIES; Free use of indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and gym plus WiFi
- BIKE STORAGE; Overnight in hotel.
- CAR PARKING; Hotel Car Park
- RAILWAY STATION; 5 minute walk
- CYCLE RIDES Approx. 40 miles but not quite as hilly as the rides on the Denholm holiday The local trains or our cars may be used for 1 or 2 of the rides.
- RIDE LEADERS; Rides to be for B and B+.
- A RIDERS If any A riders are interested in joining us we will help them to organise suitable longer rides.
So far we have had an expression of interest in this holiday from 16 members. Please will members wishing to come confirm by the date of the AGM 9th Nov. and providing we have an viable number we will ask you to book direct with the hotel and pay a £25 non refundable deposit.As there are a number of non cycling partners interested in coming here are some suggestions for activities/places of interest.
- For those interested in walking please look at WALKHIGHLANDS DUMFRIES AND THORNHILL
- For history visits in Dumfries may be made to Robert Burns House and Museum, Dumfries Museum and camera obscura in a tower.
- Trains from Dumfries go to Annan and Gretna Green – big shopping centre here but you could find somebody to marry in the Blacksmith`s Shop now open as a museum.
- Castles galore – Drumlanrig, Threave ( house castle and gardens) Sweetheart Abbey and Caerlaverock Castle a refreshment stop on one of the cycle rides.
- If you wish to come on the holiday please reply to Rosemary or Mike Wakefield at email@example.com
Riccione 2 – 9 September 2017.
This trip is being organised by Bob Craig.
He has contacted the Hotel Poker Riccione who are offering a twin/double room for Euros 350 and a single for Euros 385 for the week, plus Tourist Tax of Euros 1.50 per person per day. For this you get
- Welcome drink
- Breakfast Packed lunch if needed
- Dinner with water and wine included
- Bike storage and workshop
- Free laundry for bike kit
- Free rescue within 10 km Free WiFi
- Heated outdoor pool.
EasyJet flights from Gatwick to Bologna are currently priced at £162 return including luggage. The hotel will arrange an airport transfer or cheaper option train from Bologna and free transfer from station to hotel.
The hotel will provide 20 riding itineraries with maps and have also offered to organise rides to a medieval village ( Mondaino ) for a pasta lunch and possibly a trip to a Formaggio di fossa ( cheese ) farm.
Bike hire is available and I will source details soon.
All in all incredible value. Please add your name to the interested list ASAP or contact me for any further information.
Time to decide is running out. Please go to the website and register if you are at all interested.
Transport to Bologna is your own responsibility, but I am trying to arrange something from the airport to the hotel and will let you know when I have prices.
Contact by email (Contact No: 161)
Comments from Bob Hazell
Certainly great value. I went there on a Dave Sims trip some years ago. The hire bikes, the rides and the guides were brilliant. The hotel buffet was extraordinary!
John Douglas – a relatively new member, is organizing an adventure for next November – either 7 or 15 days cycling in the warm sun of East Africa. 800km of excitement with a trip across the Serengeti, an overnight passage on a lake Victoria steamer and a chance to see Silver-back Gorillas in the ‘Mountains in the Mist’ of Rwanda.
Contact him direct for more details -john@charityLinks.org.uk