Following on from the very successful quiz night last year, Cathy and Heather have booked Shoreham Village Hall for the 29th Sept. The format will be as before
– Bring your own drinks and nibbles
– Tea and coffee available at bargain prices
– Fun guaranteed.
– Tables of 8
– This is a non-profit event; ticket prices not yet fixed but will not exceed £5.
Put the date in your diary and invite your friends and colleagues along to make up tables of 8. Smaller groups welcome – we will make up complete tables on the night.
Further details will be added to this post in due course.
DUMFRIES HOLIDAY Sunday 25th June to Sunday 2nd Jul
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
If your holiday diary is not full why not join the group of 10 who have already booked for a interesting week’s cycling round the Dumfries area of the Scottish Borders. We have a selection of rides to Gretna, Anna, Castle Douglas & Forest of Ae. We are,also hoping to take a train to Kirkconnel 180 metres above sea level for a down hill cycle to return to Dumfries almost at sea level.
At the hotel there is a swimming pool and gym free to guests.
Any queries please talk to Mike and Rosemary Wakefield, contact email@example.com
- DATE; Sunday 25th June to Sunday 2rd July
- HOTEL: Cairndale Hotel and Leisure Club Dumfries
- TARIFF: Twin/Double £455; Triple £420 Single £595 This for 7 nights per person to include Full Scottish Breakfast and 4 Course Table d’Hote Dinner.
- LEISURE FACILITIES; Free use of indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and gym plus WiFi
- BIKE STORAGE; Overnight in hotel.
- CAR PARKING; Hotel Car Park
- RAILWAY STATION; 5 minute walk
- CYCLE RIDES Approx. 40 miles but not quite as hilly as the rides on the Denholm holiday The local trains or our cars may be used for 1 or 2 of the rides.
- RIDE LEADERS; Rides to be for B and B+.
- A RIDERS If any A riders are interested in joining us we will help them to organise suitable longer rides.
So far we have had an expression of interest in this holiday from 16 members. Please will members wishing to come confirm by the date of the AGM 9th Nov. and providing we have an viable number we will ask you to book direct with the hotel and pay a £25 non refundable deposit.As there are a number of non cycling partners interested in coming here are some suggestions for activities/places of interest.
- For those interested in walking please look at WALKHIGHLANDS DUMFRIES AND THORNHILL
- For history visits in Dumfries may be made to Robert Burns House and Museum, Dumfries Museum and camera obscura in a tower.
- Trains from Dumfries go to Annan and Gretna Green – big shopping centre here but you could find somebody to marry in the Blacksmith`s Shop now open as a museum.
- Castles galore – Drumlanrig, Threave ( house castle and gardens) Sweetheart Abbey and Caerlaverock Castle a refreshment stop on one of the cycle rides.
- If you wish to come on the holiday please reply to Rosemary or Mike Wakefield at firstname.lastname@example.org