Dordrecht, Mon 10th to Mon 17th June
Heather and Barry (contact data see below) are organising a club trip for next June 2019. They are going to go to Holland via Harwich and stay in Dordrecht for five nights.
35 people have signed up so far see FAQ for details
We will leave for Harwich on Monday 10th June (see travel options below) in order to board the ferry about 20:00 for a departure at 23:00. We propose a group dinner on the ferry at 21:00 (that is when the restaurant opens). There will be no need for overnight accommodation as we will be spending the night on the ferry. (see ferry prices and details below).
We will arrive in Hook of Holland at 08:00 on the Tuesday morning with breakfast included and have a very easy (34 miles direct) ride to the Hotel Stayok . We stay at the hotel for five nights.
We leave on Sunday morning to ride the Hook of Holland. We board at about 19:00 hours to depart at 22:00 hours. Once again we propose a group dinner on the ferry. We arrive in Harwich at 06:30 on the Monday morning where having had breakfast, we set off for home.
The rooms are all four bedded, but the rates per room for single double and triple occupancy are shown below. If four people get together to share then it will be slightly less.
These rates include breakfast and evening dinner each day.
The holiday is officially closed now. However, if anyone is interested, The group ticket for the ferry still has one inside double cabin on it. You will have to sort out your own accommodation as we no longer have rooms on hold at the Stayok hotel. If you talk to Heather, she may be able to help or if you can talk to one of the other travellers as all the rooms are 4 berth 2×2 bunk bedded.
If possible payments should be made to the club account
Sort Code: 09 06 66 Account No. 43226774. With relevant reference
If this is not possible then you can send a cheque to Chris Simms
6 Petersfield Drive, Culverstone Green, Meopham, Kent, DA13 0TR.
|Dates||No. of rooms||Single occupancy||Double occupancy||Triple occupancy|
|11 – 16 June 2019 5 nights rate pp||22 rooms booked||£321||£252||£232|
Ferry Price – Return (confirmed) £53
|Harwich to Hook of Holland 10 June 2300||Hook of Holland to Harwich 16 June 2200|
|2 berth inside cabin £47.00||2 berth inside cabin £47.00|
Travelling to and from Harwich
There are several options:-
- Cycle via Gravesend – Tilbury ferry about 85 miles of fairly easy cycling. You have all day to do it
- Cycle to Shenfield station via Gravesend – Tilbury ferry about 30 miles. Catch train to Manningtree about £20 and cycle from Manning tree to Harwich about 11 miles or catch another train.
- Go by train to Shenfield and then cycle about 60 miles.
- Go by train to Manning tree and cycle the last 11 miles (You have to change at Manningtree anyway)
- Go by train all the way into London then out again about £60.
- Drive to Harwich. Parking at ferry quay is about £8 per day.
- If you are intending to take the car all the way, then maybe it would be better to go to Dover – Calais/Dunkerque.
- The train that goes from Shenfield leaves from Liverpool street and calls at Stratford, so either of these stations would be an alternative.
For Additional Information see Holland FAQs
Contact data for Barry and Heather (Member nos 1 & 123) via the web site – click here