Cycling UK (CTC) – Proposed Change to Subscriptions
You will be interested to note
- Cycling UK (ctc) propose abolishing the ‘Senior Discount’ membership (£30.50pa) which will leave most members having to pay the full fee of (£48pa). This is an increase of 57%!!
- Most Meridian members are over 65 and use Cycling UK Senior Discount membership to obtain 3rd party insurance.
- 3rd Party insurance is prerequisite to being a Meridian member.
- Full details of the change are in the latest edition of ’Cycling’ magazine and can be seen by following the link https://www.cyclinguk.org/membershipchanges
The proposal will be voted on at the Cycling UK AGM which will take place on Friday 4th September; members are encouraged to vote on this proposal; this can be done in one of two ways
- Returning the voting papers which were included with the Aug/Sept edition of Cycle magazine (mine arrived last Friday). These must be received by 9am on Tuesday 1st
It’s probably too late to do this now, But try to locate these papers – it makes voting easier.
- Voting online; the deadline is 9am Thur 3rd To do this you need your ‘Security Code’ which is shown on the above mentioned voting papers. Vote by following this link
Lost your voting papers? You should be able to obtain your ‘Security Code’ by following this link
Unfortunately for me this didn’t work – I got the code by emailing TakePart@civica.co.uk with my name and membership number.
You can also contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8889 9203
- It is not up to me to advise you how to vote.
- Motion 4 is the relevant resolution; you can vote either to support or reject the increase.
Alternatives to Cycling UK
There are other options to obtain 3rd party insurance other than using Cycling UK. I will address these at a later date.
17th Aug 2020