Meridian guidelines amended in line with CyclingUK guidance – Group size reduced to a max of 6 riders.
Update 12th Sept
The Club Runs List is back in operation
Runs group coordinators can now place details of rides on the runs list. Please do your best to support them and volunteer to lead a ride if you can. Their email addresses can be found under Contacts – so let them know if you have an idea for a ride.
All rides should abide by club guidelines that are clearly stated on the website.
Update 7th Sept
Over recent months the club has not supported or publicised ‘formal’ club rides. During this period groups of riders have been communicating informally (using WhatsApp) to organise informal rides between themselves at short notice. This has worked after a fashion, but has serious shortcomings, including
- Not being club rides the leaders have been riding with out the support of our CyclingUK 3rd party leaders insurance cover.
- Not all club members are aware of events or have access to these WhatsApp groups.
- Not having a a runs list members do not have the ability to decide which rides they would like to join.
- Riding in groups without ‘ CoronaVirus Guidelines’ increases the risk for both leaders and riders; this was very apparent when some weeks ago a group of 18 riders unexpectedly turned up for a joint B1/B2 ride at Otford Pond.
- ‘The Blog’ has not been used to advertise or report on club rides. In particular participants on each ride have not been recorded; a requirement that ensures that leaders are covered under the terms of our CyclingUK 3rd party insurance policy. These reports also serve as a good list of contacts should ‘Track & Trace’ procedures need to be enacted.
At the start of September CyclingUK, to our surprise, announced that groups of 15 riders is now permitted. We have been in contact with CyclingUK and determined that this applies to situations where there is an organised sporting activity and requires that clubs must comply with a specific action plan agreed between that sporting governing body and the government. For Meridian, the governing bodies action plan to be complied with is that of Cycling UK.
Under these circumstances the club is reinstating formal clubs ride that will be published on the runs list in the normal fashion.
You are encouraged to read the following documents.
6 Sept 2020